Whether you are a curious student about to attend the opening ceremony or a relative who wants to know how much time is spent on your child's graduation ceremony, you may ask how long the graduation ceremony will last. In this article, we will delve into the various parts of the graduation ceremony. What is the ultimate goal? What is the ideal time for the ceremony? What is the typical sequence of events in the ceremony?
Ⅰ. The purpose of the graduation ceremony
1. After 4 years of university study, people hope to recognize this journey.
2. Let us respect the graduates and achievements of this graduating class.
4. Family celebrations.
Ⅱ. Check our plan for the length of the ceremony
1. Ideal: less than 2 hours. If it is less than 1 hour and 30 minutes, so much the better!
2. It depends on the number of graduates (names and walking time), the number of lectures (and duration) and the randomly added content (music, songs, poems, etc.).
3. Typical ceremony (recommended to complete 90 minutes to 2 hours)
This is just one form you may encounter. Some will add songs, readings, performances, etc. It also depends on the class size.
10-15 minutes welcome speech (Person with higher academic ranking-greetings, thank you, congratulations)
Random additional speakers for 5 minutes (student/dean/random prize);
(5 minutes optional) issue the graduation certificate covers (announce name/stage/handshake);
(45-60 minutes) keynote speech (outstanding people provide advice on life);
(10-15 minutes) show performance;
(5-10 minutes) Awarding of outstanding students;
(5 minutes optional) Summary of outstanding teachers and students (teacher, faculty, staff, students);
(5-10 minutes) Conclusion.
There should be sufficient preparation for the graduation ceremony, so as to give a perfect answer to college life.